Under the patronage of Prime Minister Saad Hariri, Lebanon’s first Sustainable Digital Ecosystem Summit (SDE Summit) took place during a three-day event at the MEA Training and Conferences Center in Beirut. The summit was organized by IFP Group (International Fairs and Promotions), and supported by the UN-ESCWA and the UNESCO. It brought together leading organizations and experts from the public, private and educational sectors, as well as top-tier information executives, ICT Directors and Digital Transformation Experts. In total, 51 speakers who are experts in their fields, brought much depth and know-how to the table, while discussing technological disruption through presentations, panel discussions and workshops.
The discussions revolved around the impact of the 4th Industrial Revolution and the current developments disrupting the digital ecosystem in relation to:
- The impact on businesses and society
- The Lebanese government’s role in capitalizing on these technologies
- Employing AI technologies to advance the Lebanese educational system
- The challenges and opportunities for entrepreneurs in Lebanon
- The required skills to stay ahead of the curve
- How municipalities can best utilize technologies in serving of Lebanese citizens
Following several insightful presentations and discussions, the summit’s advisory board and discussion moderators summarized the outcomes and recommend an action plan to be presented to executive bodies to initiate implementation.