Making a clean sweep of 19 awards at the Middle East Gala Ceremony of the World Travel Awards (WTA) 2017, along with securing the coveted “Middle East’s Leading Hotel Brand” title for the 11th year in a row, Rotana, one of the leading hotel management companies in the region with hotels across the Middle East, Africa and Turkey, has firmly consolidated its leadership position in the region’s tourism and hospitality sector.
The awards, billed as the “Oscars of the travel world,” were presented at a glittering ceremony attended by industry leaders in Dubai on October 29.
Now in its 24th year, the World Travel Awards is the most prestigious awards programme for the global travel industry, rewarding leaders in the tourism, airline, hotel and hospitality sectors around the world.
In addition to winning four major regional awards – including “Middle East’s Leading Hotel Brand”; “Middle East’s Leading City Hotel” for Amwaj Rotana, Dubai; “Middle East’s Leading Corporate Resort” for Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi; and “Middle East’s Leading Luxury Hotel Apartments for Arjan Dubai by Rotana”, – the company took home 15 accolades in country- and city-based categories at this year’s awards.
The award coincides with the brand’s completion of 25 successful years in the business, becoming the leading hotel management company in the region, with 55 operating properties in 21 cities across 13 countries in the Middle East, Africa and Turkey.
“We are deeply humbled to accept the coveted awards, which stand testament to our efforts in achieving excellence in service and offerings. Rotana’s phenomenal success at the World Travel Awards is the success of our hardworking and dedicated teams whose contributions have resulted in the brand Rotana becoming truly synonymous with exceptional hospitality and care. We thank our guests from across the region and beyond for making us their hospitality partner of choice and trusting us with their travel needs. In addition to making our 25th anniversary celebrations even more special, the awards serve as a strong motivation for us to continue delivering on our promise of Treasured Time to our guests, employees and partners – who are the key pillars of our continuous growth and development,” said Guy Hutchinson, COO, Rotana Hotel Management Corporation.
The full list of awards won by Rotana at World Travel Awards 2017 is as follows:
- Middle East’s Leading Hotel Brand 2017: Rotana Hotels
- Middle East’s Leading City Hotel 2017: Amwaj Rotana, Dubai
- Middle East’s Leading Corporate Resort 2017: Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi
- Middle East’s Leading Luxury Hotel Apartments 2017: Arjaan Dubai by Rotana
- Bahrai’s Leading Hotel 2017: ART Rotana, Amwaj Island, Manama
- Iraq’s Leading Hotel 2017: Erbil Rotana
- Jorda’s Leading Conference Hotel 2017: Amman Rotana
- Jorda’s Leading Serviced Apartments 2017: The Boulevard Arjaan by Rotana
- Lebano’s Leading Business Hotel 2017: Gefinor Rotana
- Oma’s Leading Beach Resort 2017: Salalah Rotana Resort
- Qatar’s Leading City Hotel 2017: City Centre Rotana Doha
- Saudi Arabia’s Leading City Hotel 2017: Rosh Rayhaan by Rotana
- Saudi Arabia’s Leading New Hotel 2017: Centro Shaheen by Rotana
- United Arab Emirates’ Leading Business Hotel 2017: Park Rotana, Abu Dhabi
- United Arab Emirates’ Leading Family Resort 2017: The Cove Rotana Resort
- Abu Dhabi’s Leading Serviced Apartments 2017: Park Arjaan by Rotana
- Al Ai’s Leading Hotel 2017: Al Ain Rotana
- Dubai’s Leading Luxury City Hotel 2017: Media Rotana
- Makkah’s Leading Hotel 2017: Al Marwa Rayhaan by Rotana
Consistently recognized for its commitment to raising the standards within the hotel industry by constantly evolving its service offering, Rotana has received more than 350 regional and international awards to the date.
Building on the success of its 25 years of operations in the region, Rotana is looking ahead to its next phase of growth and expansion with an active pipeline of upcoming developments including 49 properties located in 26 destinations within the Middle East, Africa and Turkey. The company expects to open 15 of these hotels before the end of 2018, which would increase its current inventory by over 3,800 keys.Add to Favorites