GHM appoints Patrick Moukarzel to lead Al Bait opening

GHM appoints Patrick Moukarzel to lead Al Bait opening

General Hotel Management (GHM) named Patrick Moukarzel general manager of the Al Bait Sharjah, a 53-key hotel scheduled to open later this year. Moukarzel’s appointment is a homecoming of sorts. Between 2006 and 2012, he rose through the ranks from a food and beverage manager at The Chedi Muscat to general...

Read more
IHG acquires 51 stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts to expand its luxury footprint

IHG acquires 51 stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts to expand its luxury footprint

InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) announced that it has agreed to acquire a 51 percent stake in Regent Hotels and Resorts (Regent) in a joint venture with Formosa International Hotels Corporation for USD 39 million in cash. IHG will have the right to acquire the remaining 49 percent interest in a...

Read more