A few weeks ago, we announced that Australia-based La Vie Hotels & Resorts will debut in the Middle East with a property in Dubai.
HN spoke to Mohamed Hassan, regional director of business development for MENA and Europe, La Vie Hotels & Resorts to highlight their expansion plans and their expectations for the region
- Tell us briefly what characterizes La Vie Hotels & Resorts?
La Vie Hotels & Resorts is a hotel management company and works with various hotel brands as a third party. La Vie also has its own five-star brand, Tolarno and four-star brand, La Vie Garden. The group currently operates hotels across Australia, Bhutan, China, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Thailand, UAE and Ukraine.
- What opportunities are you looking for in the region?
We are thrilled to expand our footprint beyond the Asia Pacific region and delighted to debut in the Middle East with our first hotel in Dubai that will be operated under our latest upscale brand La Vie Garden. We are looking to grow our portfolio further in the region, especially in the GCC. In addition, we have plans to expand across strategic locations in Europe.
- How will you be adapting to the needs of the travelers in this region? Especially with numerous recognized international hotel brands already operating here, in addition to homegrown brands also making a statement on their own?
With a balanced portfolio of brands, well defined to cater to the needs of all segments of travelers from luxury to lifestyle, upscale and midscale, we at La Vie Hotels & Resorts, are well placed to succeed in a competitive tourism landscape.
- Why did you decide to debut the brand in Dubai?
Making our debut in Dubai with a beautiful hotel such as La Vie Gardens Hotel Apartments provides us with an excellent opportunity to enter the region’s hotel market at an exciting time when the emirates is getting ready to host the world for Dubai Expo 2020. Dubai is the hub of the region and enjoys a strategic location bringing the world together.
- What other markets are you planning to have properties in?
Our growth plan for the Middle East is focused on entering gateway destinations in the region including the GCC while leveraging our brands with a balanced pipeline of hotels.Add to Favorites