New research from global travel site Skyscanner has revealed that Saudi Arabian holidaymakers will travel significantly in 2023 despite economic uncertainty, but price-led decision making will drive change. With 62 percent of travelers in Saudi Arabia planning to spend the same if not more on overseas travel next year, how they are going to spend this money will differ.
As a key trend, Saudi Arabian travelers are seeking destinations that offer the flexibility of working too. They are also looking for experiences grounded in nature and wellbeing.
Key findings of the report:
- Savvy consumers are shopping around and pocket-friendly destinations are leading the way – Vienna rises in popularity and drops in price
- Nature-based travel will be a priority – both for mental health and to avoid price peaks around beach destinations
- Over half of travelers in Saudi Arabia (56 percent) are considering a solo trip next year
- 98 percent of Saudi travelers will use a mobile device to book their next trip; one in 10 will do so while at work
- Supersonic travel will redefine short-haul travel, and one in four people (27 percent) expect to holiday among the stars in their lifetime