Taking place from November 20 to December 19 in Qatar, the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ promises to be a tournament like no other. As the countdown begins to the start of this global sporting event, we take a look at the names tapping into the forecasted demand for renowned F&B outlets.
F&B brands that opened branches in Qatar in July:
- Em Sherif Café, the all-day dining luxury café concept by Lebanese restaurateur Mireille Hayek, opened a branch at Millennium Hotel in Al Sadd, Doha.
- ADRIFT Anda, an Italian concept by chef David Myers, opened its doors at Le Royal Méridien. The menu features well-crafted dishes served with aperitivo-style drinks by bartender Jimmy Barrat.
Set to open in Doha ahead of the FIFA World Cup:
- Lucia’s at Sheraton Grand Doha on November 2022
- Seven Sisters at the Mondrian Doha Hotel in 2023
- ALBA at Katara Towers in Lusail
- Aura Group to open 36 new restaurants across Doha
- Beefbar at Al Lusail in 2022
- Billionaire at Al Maha Island in Doha
- Chotto Matte on Marsa Arabia Island in October 2022
- IHOP to open four branches in Qatar
- LPM restaurant and bar pop-up in Lusail
- Roberto’s to open an additional branch
- SUSHISAMBA at the Waldorf Astoria in Lusail
- Zuma pop-up in Doha to open from October 2022 until March 2023
With attention now firmly focused on the 2022 FIFA World Cup, Qatar remains in the spotlight and is predicted to become a culinary hot spot.