Hilton has unveiled its plans to open over 50 new hotels across 10 of its brands, making the country the company’s largest pipeline market in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Hilton has accelerated its growth strategy in Saudi Arabia in recent years, announcing multiple signings as the company works towards its plans to increase its portfolio to more than 75 trading properties across the country.The latest of these signings includes Conrad Hotels & Resorts’ entry into the heart of the Saudi capital with Conrad Riyadh Laysen Valley, which is set to open in 2025. Hilton’s growth continues in secondary cities, with the recent signings in Abha, Hilton The Point Residences and Canopy by Hilton The Point, both due to open in 2026.
Commenting on Hilton’s growth in Saudi Arabia, Carlos Khneisser, vice president, development for the Middle East and Africa, said: “Saudi Arabia’s rapid evolution continues to provide exciting growth opportunities for Hilton, and we’re working closely with our owners to introduce more award-winning hospitality brands in existing and new locations throughout the country. These latest signings are strong examples of our diversified growth in up-and-coming, large-scale developments, such as Laysen Valley in Riyadh, and our commitment to unlock tourism potential in the secondary cities.”
With plans to more than quadruple its presence in Saudi Arabia over the next few years, Hilton is working closely with leading owners and developers to enhance business and leisure travel destinations throughout the country.
Conrad Riyadh Laysen Valley
In partnership with Mashareq Investment, Hilton plans to bring its second Conrad Hotels & Resorts property to Saudi Arabia. The 170-key Conrad is expected to open in 2025 opposite the city’s diplomatic quarter at the heart of the Laysen Valley development.
Hilton The Point Residences and Canopy by Hilton The Point
Hilton has also signed two hotels under the flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand and the lifestyle Canopy by Hilton brand in the city of Abha, at the Abha Terraces project. Both properties were signed with Real Estate Development Fund Company.
Due to open in 2026, Hilton The Point Residences and Canopy by Hilton The Point will offer a number of state-of-the-art facilities and feature a total of 250 guest rooms, suites and residences. The shared amenities include an indoor pool, fitness centre, spa, multiple dining outlets and a children´s pool and kids’ club. The two properties are adjacent to a mixed-use urban center less than 10 minutes from Abha International Airport.
Canopy by Hilton Porta Jeddah
Expected to open its doors in 2028, Canopy by Hilton Porta Jeddah will feature 183 guest rooms and 55 residences, as well as world-class F&B outlets, including a specialty restaurant, a rooftop concept as well as a fully equipped fitness center, an outdoor swimming pool and nearly 300 square meters of meeting space. The property will also include Canopy Central, a relaxing leisure and retail space with various zones adapted to the needs of guests throughout their stay.
Latest hotel signings for Saudi Arabia include:
- Waldorf Astoria Diriyah – the iconic 200-guest hotel, expected to open in 2028, will be located in a prime position within Diriyah.
- LXR Hotels & Resorts Diriyah – this secluded retreat, expected to open in 2026, will house 80 immaculately designed guest rooms and enchanting villas.
- Canopy by Hilton Al Khobar Ajdan Waterfront – the 120-guest room hotel, expected to open in 2026, is ideally located on the corniche, adjacent to Boulevard Ajdan.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Jeddah Al Andalus Mall – the 164–guest room hotel attached to the Jeddah Al Andalus Mall is due to open by 2024.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Jeddah Al Marwah – this 178-guest room hotel will be located within close proximity to the King Abdulaziz International Airport, and on the corner of the bustling Hira Street.
- Hampton by Hilton NEOM Community – expected toopen later this year, Hampton by Hilton NEOM Community will feature 201 guest rooms.
- Hampton by Hilton Hafr al-Batin –will feature 150 guest rooms and is due to open in 2026.
Hilton currently operates 16 hotels in Saudi Arabia, including Waldorf Astoria Jeddah – Qasr Al Sharq, Conrad Makkah, and Hilton Riyadh Hotel & Residences. Its development pipeline of more than 50 properties includes the introduction of new brands like LXR Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton and Hampton by Hilton.